The Sunday Evening Discussion went well. Of course, I am the first to critize myself - thinking I could have done this better or that better, but the youth were thoughtful in their responses to the questions asked about their feelings regarding the counsel of President Hinckley. However my sweet husband (first counselor to the bishop) prepared me for 45 youth - well, there was maybe 15 there! So of course that changes the dynamic of the conversation. We were aware of a missionary prep class happening at the stake center at the same time that meant all of the priest age young men needed to attend that and miss SED. However, more than that there is a lot of flu sickness going around. We ended up bringing our three little boys to the church with us, letting them play in a neighboring classroom. I had arranged for a sweet family to watch them but one of their children became very sick on Saturday...I then considered three other families in the ward, but they all have a sick family member so we brought them with us and it worked out alright. They actually always have a good time being around the teenagers of the ward.
My thoughts of the preparation for this Sunday Evening Discussion are positive. It is I who has taken away a deep(er) love for President Hinckley. His genuine goodness. His steadiness of being a servant of the Lord. He was such a remarkable man. I am thankful that I was given this assignment by a sweet young woman president who had faith in me that I could accomplish it. The blessings of all I have learned about this man, this prophet of God, and his life will remain with me.
1 comment:
I have been a member of the LDS church all my life and I must admit I don’t know what a Sunday Evening Discussion is can you please enlighten me Thanks.
Kelly
Post a Comment