Saturday, February 23, 2008

ladies only event!




Last night was our monthly ladies only event at JoAnne Carters home. We have ten ladies in our group, but only half were able to attend this month - the ones that couldn't come really missed out! This was only our second month meeting together. The event, an idea of Erin Dodge, is a great opportunity for us to gather to eat, talk and craft!
We enjoyed a delicious pot-luck dinner with one another and then discussed ideas of future projects...then we got to check out of craft. JoAnne made everyone this St. Patricks Day wood craft: it is adorable! I am thrilled to have a new St. Patty's decoration!
We got to paint these tool boxes - I love the black paint she had for us. It will be great with some red geraniums inside! I still need to sand down the edges of mine, but will post a picture when it is done.

Activities of today:
James and Chase are off to a soccer game then to get Chase new tennis shoes which are much needed. After lunch they will attend a birthday party for one of Chase's yoga friends at Paint Yourself Silly, a local pottery place. Chase is sure to have a lot of fun. Austin is heading out the door to do a service project then later get together with friends to play a Star Wars role-play game they all enjoy. Molly and I are going to the convention center to front row seats of the Broadway show, Putnam County Spelling Bee! We are excited for the show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mylittlegems said...

so Cori I am still interested in how one becomes a part of this "ladies only thing".... we are probably moving soon- but it sure sounds fun- and I'd love to be involved :)