Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seattle shopping

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Seattle. We are really lucking out with the weather. We had a little bit of rain on Sunday but other than that it has been very nice.
My dad took Austin golfing yesterday for his first time. He did really well and had a great time. They enjoyed lunch together and then took a drive to Mt. Rainier which he really liked but wished he would have had the camera with him (I had it in my purse)
My mom and I went to the Exhibitors craft mall - it is a local craft mall that has exceptional hand made items all in booths. It has been in business for years and does really well. It is a favorite stop of mine and I always find a treasure or two there. This time I found not a handmade item but a fun small childs chair that is painted in turquoise paint with just the right amount chipping off. :) I haven't got it yet but I'm still thinking about it so I think I'm going to need to go back and get it.
We also stopped on our way into town at Starbucks and got their hot caramel apple cider - it was delicious in this cold weather. We enjoyed it with some ginger cookies from Trader Joe's. delicious!
Our next stop was some small shops in downtown Sumner and then a drive towards Orting where we stopped at Spooner Farms and purchased some fresh raspberries. We have been enjoying them plain, over ice cream and with our cereal in the morning.
Mom and I enjoyed a lunch of Oriental Chicken Salad at Applebee's.
Later in the day I drove to Auburn and went to the community college I graduated from - Green River Community College. It was very nice to take time to just walk around campus. It was the second day of class so excitement was in the air. That school holds great memories for me. I stopped at the campus bookstore and bought a t-shirt.
I drove up to Bonney Lake, where James and I bought our first home. The city has grown so much since we lived there. I made a stop at Ben Franklin Crafts and bought some fun scrapbook supplies then I met my friend Janie for dinner. Janie was our wards YW president and I was her 2nd counselor way back when Molly was born. I learned so much from her and she is a dear friend to me. It was so nice to catch up and spend time with her.
Today we are headed into Seattle to see the Experience Music Project and the Pacific Science Center.

1 comment:

Sara Adams said...

It sounds like you are have the most wonerful time. I love that you take one of your kiddos with you. What a special time!