I am feeling so very blessed. Yesterday in the mail I received these wonderful gifts from my sweet friend Kelly! Look at how cute she wrapped the packages! I absolutely love the pillow and picture frame. I love that Kelly always knows what I would love - even more than I know what I would love. She has impeccable taste.
Kelly and I have been friends for over ten years. We lived in Washington state at the time we met. There was new home construction down the street from our house and I prayed for members to move in. Heavenly Father blessed me with Kelly and her sweet family. She soon became a RS president and I was called as one of her counselors. She taught me much through the years. Her testimony, strength, example are powerful to me. I remember how she used to load up her car with all sorts of items from her house for each Enrichment meeting. She always did the best decorating! She would bring lamps, area rugs, uplights, linens...she taught me the importance of tiering the food platters so it is more visually appealing to the eye. Kelly is kind, gentle, strong. She helped me learn to say 'thank you' to a compliment rather than shrug it off. She helped me decorate our first home. She was so kind with my lack of decorating skills back then. She helped me through childbirth so many years ago. And she still remembers my birthday. Thank you Kelly. You are extraordinary!
I am feeling blessed because when I came home from Young Womens last night James had these beautiful flowers for me! He is so thoughtful and kind. I love that he thought to buy them a little early so that I could enjoy them since I am leaving for Seattle the day after my birthday.
I am feeling blessed because I received this birthday banner and beautiful beaded necklaces today from some five year old friends! I've mentioned before that there are four neighborhood children (including Ryan) who switch homes for playdates before afternoon kindergarten. One of the moms, my friend Lauren, had the kids make me the birthday banner and necklaces. I had Lauren's son, Carver, take my picture with my necklaces on (and I must say I am still wearing them now!) They are such happy necklaces! I loved having the kids tell me about the different beads and why they chose each one - very precious to me. Thank you Lauren for the fun surprise!
I am feeling blessed because this afternoon we had a Young Women presidency meeting and my sweet friend Julie had birthday cupcakes for me! AND I loved that she had a 30 candle in them! (yes, she knows I passed that milestone long ago) So cute! She knows how to make me feel good. She is a light in my life.
I am feeling blessed because after my meeting I stopped to get the mail and found a precious gift inside (see bottom photo). It is from my dear friend CindyJo. I was so excited to see her return address that I opened the envelope while still at the mailbox. The feelings I had when I saw this remarkable gift are very raw. Let's just say that I cried. I cried sobbing tears, the kind when you can't catch your breath tears. CindyJo made this outstanding book where she wrote thoughts for 16 days about, well, about me, about her, about our friendship. The words are so dear to my heart. She talked about our friendship, acceptance, culture, perservance, having fun, love, being a mother. This gift is priceless to me. She included this statement that she recently had come across:
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today.
CindyJo- YOU offer ME these things! Thank you, thank you, thank you. How did you know that my heart needed this gift at this time? I so miss you and love you.
I am so blessed.
2 comments:
Your right Cori...that was a beautiul gift from CindyJo. Awww! The rest of your presents were great too! Happy Birthday! and have fun with your Mom!
Wow, since I've met you, I gradually understood that you really are a wonderful person, and it shows especially when many people think so highly of you.
Happy Birthday Cori! Enjoy your trip to Seattle.
Post a Comment