Saturday was our stake youth temple trip for the youth to perform baptisms for the dead. We met at our home in the morning, had a prayer and everyone took some watermelon (I just had to label the cups with "I Love to See the Temple"), bananas, and Costco muffins to eat during the two hour ride. We had nine girls attend, three leaders and one parent.
When we arrived the temple was ready for us so we got to go in right away. We had two girls in our group who had never been to the temple before so that is always a blessing to others as we watch their excitement and reverence.
After our work was done we took the girls outside to get their pictures taken and I passed out to them these little white bags filled with goodies and shared my testimony of the temple with them.
We all enjoyed lunch together at Arby's before heading home.
It was such a wonderful day! These young ladies are such a light in my life, I love each of them. It was such a blessing to be inside the temple with them.
3 comments:
Cori,
What a light you are to these YW that you serve. Thank you for the inspiration that you give me! Thank you for being my friend. Those YW are so lucky to have you as their Leader. Going to the Temple with the Youth is one of the most spiritual things I have ever done!
Now, I'm all the more excited for our trip in October.
So sad I missed it. I'm glad the girls had a good experience.
Post a Comment