Yesterday Austin choose all of our activities for the day. First we visited the Experience Music Project (EMP) a museum created by Paul Allen of Microsoft fame. The museum featured the music of Jimi Hendrix, showcased different bands that all originated in Seattle, had a 'sound and vision: artists tell their stories' area where we could see and hear firsthand accounts about music as well as a sound lab. I even learned how to play Louie Louie on the guitar.
Included in our admission price for EMP we also got admission to the SFM (Science Fiction Museum). I am not a fan of science fiction necessarily (Austin is though)but both Austin and I really enjoyed this museum. It was our favorite thing of the day. There were many exhibits featuring books, t.v. and movies of the science fiction genre. Both museums were done remarkably well.
We then walked over and visited the Pacific Science Center. We especially enjoyed the butterfly house. The warmth inside reminded us of home. We found that Austin has outgrown the science center but it was still fun. We did miss having the little boys with us there however, they would have really enjoyed it.
Following our fun we went to the Seattle waterfront and enjoyed lunch at Ivar's Fish and Chips. Sadly, Arizona has nothing on the fresh fish market. Austin also fed the seagulls the leftover french fries which is always fun.
On our way home from Seattle we stopped at the Almonda Roca factory to buy some almond roca, a candy we can get in Tucson, but it is fun to buy it where they make it. Tacoma is the only place that makes almond roca.
Today we are going to go visit my sister!
Decorated, But Not Demanding
1 day ago
2 comments:
Enjoyed reading your Seattle adventures. Didn't realize that you had history there with school and a home.
What made you leave for the deserts of Tucson? I am guessing the husband's job, as it usually is for most families.
I remember all the news from St Helens eruption in 1980. I was also 6 years old, and in the first grade. Then I did a report on it in the 6th grade complete with the newpaper volcano and "fake" eruptions.
It sounds like your having a great time!!! I would LOVE to visit the Almond Roca factory! That is my favorite treat!
Post a Comment