We had a very relaxing Labor Day. It was nice to have James home with us.
I spent the day doing pretty much nothing and it was wonderful! I did go through a lot of paperwork, got the laundry put away, cleaned our bedroom, organized my young women binder (that took awhile!), watched a couple movies and then went to a movie with Molly last night. whew!
Also going on lately:
***I made this scrapbook of the YM/YW etiquette dinner for one of our Laurels. I gave it to her on Sunday, I think she liked it. I took these pictures (wasn't planning on posting them so they are not the best photos) so I can make myself one too. It was a wonderful evening and I do want to remember it.
***We bought airline tickets for Austin and I to go to Seattle for a week! We had enough credit card points so the two tickets to fly Alaska Airlines (which I love because it is a straight shot there and back) were only $43!!! I am so excited - it has be almost two years since I've been 'home' and am thrilled for the chance. Molly went with me last time so it is Austin's turn this time. He wants to go to the Seattle Science Center, tour Underground Seattle and go golfing with my dad. I want to see green, leaves changing colors, wear long pants and a jacket and just relax! My mom bought her, my sister and I tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Seattle while I am there - whoo hoo! That is going to be so wonderful. James plans on taking the other kids to Utah to visit his mom and sisters and all the cousins for a long weekend while we are away.
***I got tickets for James and I to take Austin to the Tucson Symphony Orchestra. The show will not be until next year but tickets went on sale recently. He picked out the show which looks pretty fun. It is a collection of music from Warner Brothers and they will show different Bugs Bunny cartoons on the big screen behind the orchestra. I think this is a very inventive way to showcase the orchestra to those that might not be willing to be exposed to it. I also got Tucson Symphony tickets for James and I to attend on Valentines Day. They will be performing with the Broadway Tenors, showcasing some of the best songs from Broadway.
***Molly and I got tickets for November to attend Time Out for Women for Mothers and Daughters in Phoenix. We are excited for that and are looking for others that would like to attend with us. It is on a Sat. from 9-2. (Nov. 8?) The program features musicians Hilary Weeks and Cherie Call - two favorites of ours. It will be an inspiring day with music and spoken word.
It seems like all that is happening around here is the purchase of tickets - LOL! I hope you had a relaxing weekend!
2 comments:
Whoo hoo that sounds so awesome! I wish I could be a fly on your shoulder (or ladybug, that better?) and just see all of Seattle with you, esp the Phantom of the Opera! So cool!
I want fall to just be here, and summer is certainly dragging its feet slowly back to wherever it came from!
Be sure to blog about it (of course you will) and post some awesome pics so the rest of us will be "green" about the green Seattle you went to!
Have a great time!
I am happy to hear you and Austin will be able to make a trip to Seattle! I just love FF miles!!
Post a Comment