Wednesday, December 17, 2008

music

Last night James, Molly, Ryan and I all went to Reid's elementary school Christmas band concert. Reid performed trumpet with the advanced band, they all did a great job! It was our elementary school's first concert at the new Vail performing arts center. It is a beautiful new building that all in the community are thrilled to see complete and benefiting not only our community but our kids.

I am thankful our kids enjoy music and that their enjoyment goes beyond filling their ipods. The other night I was asking Austin if he would like to begin playing violin again (he said yes!), Austin and Molly were playing around on the piano and then Reid brought his trumpet down and Molly tried that out (I'm sure Reid was beaming that she couldn't even get a sound out of it), James brought out his ukulele and showed Molly a little song. Now if we can just get our boys to sing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so cool to see your blog. I LOVE it. I would love to keep up on what you are doing better.