Have you heard these? Tennis Shoes among the Nephites. They are "a modern adventure in an ancient land" The story centers on a young man, Jim Hawkins, his kid sister Jennifer, and his best friend, Garth Plimpton, as they accidently stumble upon a mysterious passageway hurling them into another world - an ancient American world.
I purchased these books on cd to take along on our car ride to Utah and we all loved them. They have been around quite a few years, we've even listened to them before years ago (Thanks Wendi for loaning them to us!)but I bought book one and book two for our family and they were a huge hit. We have about a nine hour car ride each way when we go to Utah and each of these lasts six hours. When we got home from our trip we were partway through book two and Reid came home and found the book (we own them in paperback) and is finishing up the story by reading the book - great! I'll definitely be adding more to our family collection.
2 comments:
My brothers used to read these when they were in high school. They all loved them but I never got to read them before I left for college. Might be a good series to start reading to my boys.
I have read all of these books and enjoyed them but I haven't been able to convince my kids to read them. What a great idea to listen to them on DVD while traveling!
Post a Comment