Each of the kids made their own, I thought they were pretty clever in their designs. The finished products...
We read from our scriptures about the birth of Jesus and we all dressed up to portray different people as we read...
I got to be Mary and Ryan was a wise man...
We threw oats out for the reindeer...
And left some celery for them as well as cookies and milk for Santa. (Ryan made these particular cookies special for Santa). The kids had fun cutting out shapes from the dough, getting out all the Christmas themed cookie cutters...
The Christmas trees are lighted, this one is near our kitchen...
This tree is in our front room...
Chase is hoping to get another Nutcracker on Christmas morning...Last year Santa brought everyone one so our collection is growing. The boys really enjoy them.
Look what James made us today! His sister has a stocking holder like this that we both admired last year and now we have our own. I love it! We couldn't find all of our stockings this year so we bought new ones today at Safeway for everyone. Thankfully they were already on sale. :)
We have a tradition to have breakfast casserole each Christmas morning. It is nice that it is something made the night before and then just heated in the oven Christmas morning. It's in our refrigerator ready to go...
Hoping for warm Christmas wishes for all!
4 comments:
Merry Christmas to the Gubler's.
I have a recipe for the breakfast casserole in the crockpot and in the morning it's done and ready to eat.
Oh, Merry Christmas Cori and family! I love all your nutcracker collection, and your nativity collections, and your Peanuts collections.
Hope your family got all they wanted this year!
I haven't visited you in forever! I loved reading all about your Christmas traditions. It is so fun to read how some families are the same, and also each have something so different from the other.
I was also scrolling down on older posts. Ryan also had shoulder surgery in June. He was in recovery for 5 months, with the toughet being the first 4 weeks. I wonder if James had the same thing? Ryan's tendons were almost completely torn off his rotator cuff, and his shoulder kept dislocating. I finally forced him to get to a specialist. (it was a hard decision because it affected us financially for five months, but it was all worth it)
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that there is one more Nutcracker proudly displayed!
I'm so glad the reindeer got celery at your house, because we totally forgot to put out our normal carrots. And how did James make a stocking holder with one shoulder. Got your gift and Christmas letter. Your picture is way cute! Love the colors. Thanks for the thoughtful card and birthday gifts. I miss seeing you especially this time of year. Hope your Christmas was a merry one.
Post a Comment