Wednesday, June 11, 2008

this and that...

Here is the handout I made for our pre-camp meeting. I presented the spiritual thought to all the women who will be attending camp this summer and wanted to give them a small something. Of course I told them that I am giving them the army people not to promote violence but as an analogy of the daily battle our sweet young women are facing each and every day against the evils of the world. Here are the thoughts that I shared:

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need more women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." ---Margaret Dyreng Nadauld, "The Joy of Womanhood", Ensign, Nov. 200, 15) General YW President from 1997-2002

It is my hope that at camp we can leave the pressures of the world behind and enjoy the beauty of Heavenly Fathers creations. I am so looking forward to spending a week with these wonderful young women and the terrific leaders!

I sent these off today to my dad. Happy Father's day dad and Happy early Birthday! These treats should get to you by Saturday! I wish we could spend the day with you - we love you!

Monday I went to a parent meeting for a summer camp Chase is attending - afterwards on the spur of the moment I went across the street and got a pedicure. It was so needed. I regret spending the money on myself but am actually glad that I did at the same time. Can I tell you how weird it is for me to have a post of my toes here - strange... My friend Hannah stopped by today with these gorgeous lemons. Have you seen the price of lemons lately? Crazy! I love to have lemon slices in my ice water and the kids love fresh squeezed lemonade so these will be enjoyed. It was especially nice to sit and visit with Hannah. I miss her since our ward split a couple months ago.
Today Chase finished day two of sensory camp. He hates leaving the house to go but enjoys it once he is there. I brought all the kids with me to pick him up and then took them all to Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat. When Chase saw all of us there to sign him out he had a huge smile on his face. Many of the teachers got to meet all the kids which was nice. I really do not take all five kids out together, we are always going different directions and now the older ones can watch the younger ones while I run someone somewhere so it was brought to my attention today that five kids still draws looks and comments. Luckily for us it was good glances and nice comments about a 'large family' today. I really don't think of us as a large family but many in the world do it seems.

5 comments:

PARKER KALAEKOI KAM said...

I am going to borrow your spiritual thought to share at our YW meeting tomorrow night. THANKS!

Tressa said...

Way to go on the pedicure! I got my first one ever when I was in AZ for the workshop (by the way it was WAY fun seeing you again!). I am so tempted to get another one.

Anonymous said...

I love your message to the young women - it's a really great sentiment and quote. I say...if you have the money...A pedicure is a necessity for every woman (and I'm not saying that because I used to be a Manicurist). Who cares who stares when you go out...as long as you all are happy, it doesn't matter what others may think!

Jo-Anne said...

I, for one, very much enjoyed your spiritual thought at the camp meeting. You have such a gift when it comes to things like that!

The pedicure looks wonderful....Makenzie keeps trying to get me to go get one with her...maybe I'll go now!

I remember taking all of my kids places when they were younger. Sometimes people would stop me and ask, "are these ALL your kids??" Maybe it's because I was usually pretty frazzled and by the time I was leaving and everyone in the store knew their names because I said them so much!! :)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I love all the fun and various photos of different things happening in your life, such as the pedicure and lemons.

It show more of a better picture on our blogs of what is going on in our lives than just pictures of our children!

Good luck with girls camp coming up. I love all the cute things you have made!