Friday, November 20, 2009

Young Women in Excellence!

Our theme for YWIE was from Matthew 5:14-16 "Ye are the light of the world"
I'm thankful I got a picture of all the young women that were in attendance (we were missing two that night). I love these girls!:

The young women practicing their song before we begin. They sang together our closing song "Just One Little Light":

Our focus of the year: the temple and standing in holy places:

I love this picture of Joanne pouring milk for all cupcake lovers at the end of the evening. She is such an awesome laurel advisor and friend to me:

The laurels were in charge of the refreshment table. They decided on cupcakes with the frosting in the different value colors. I got lots of compliments on this little gumdrop tree. I've had it for years and I think it's fun for young women events because the gumdrops come in the young women value colors:

The young women did a great job displaying their projects:

Each of the young women stood and shared a talent or talked about one of their Personal Progress experiences. Molly sang a Taylor Swift song about mothers for her talent. It was very emotional and wonderful. I love this girl!
Molly and I:

Molly, Courtney, me, Julia, Joanne. We're excited for Molly to turn 16 soon so she will join our laurel class!

This was the last Young Women in Excellence for both Courtney and Julia. They are both amazing young women! It was a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

That is a neat temple display!!