Thursday, October 23, 2008

Young Women In Excellence!

Last night we held our Young Women in Excellence. Our theme was "Lighting the Way to Excellence".
Here is a picture of Colette (second counselor) narrating our program. She did such a fabulous job finding a program online that showcases the girls talents. I am so appreciative of her and thankful to serve with her. Next to her is a YW torch that are Beehive advisor made for the girls to use - I love how it turned out! She made it of colored foam - each piece was placed (each color representing its assigned value) as the girls recited the YW theme.

The leaders joined the young women for a song...

Our bishop spoke to us...Molly brought a non-member friend and I loved how at the end of the evening when I asked her if she enjoyed herself she said yes and that particularly liked the comments from the bishop. How great is that!

We had vanilla ice cream and lots of different toppings in the colors of the Young Women values for refreshments. Here is faith, divine nature and individual worth.

Knowledge and Choice and Accountability...

Good Works and Integrity...

A picture of the display tables (the picture was taken before all the items were placed). One of our young women made these value colored table squares for one of her personal progress experiences.

Molly (in yellow for good works), Courtney (in green for Knowledge) and Katie having fun after the program...

Courtney, Julia (in purple for integrity) and I at the end of the evening.

I think it was a good evening. I loved hearing each of the young women talk about and display the things they have been working on in their personal progress. We also had a few share their testimonies of the personal progress program at the end.

5 comments:

Atkins Family said...

What a great group of girls. It looks like you had a great time and the decorations look fabulous. Your a great role model for the young women of the ward.

mylittlegems said...

you really have such a great group of girls! I need to call you sometime -when we finally decide to go on a date and you can give me all their names for babysitting! hee hee
thanks for coming to the lunch sat. it was so fun to see you :)

Sara Adams said...

How much fun is that!!! Everything looked so beautiful. I love how you coordinted the dessert with the differet values. So creative!!

TrishAnderson said...

That looked simply fabulous! I know you had mentioned in a previous post that you were doing the refreshments - that was such a great idea! I looks like it was a great evening!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

that is an awesome idea combining the YW theme along with the ice cream.