Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend of General Conference

We shut out the world this entire weekend and enjoyed the messages of General Conference. I am already looking forward to going to lds.org to review many of the talks.



We also took time for Family Home Evening. We made a pizza together and then enjoyed being outside and making s'mores. We also tried out one banana boat to see if we liked it. I am hosting a girls camp activity at our home in a couple weeks so we wanted to see if it would be something the girls could make while they are here. James had never eaten one before and I was in grade school the last time I had one.
During FHE we talked about what careers each child is currently thinking about. Here is the lowdown: Austin: computers/engineer. Molly: dental hygienist or teacher. Reid: designing legos. Chase: mailman. Ryan: policeman. It is fun to hear what things they are thinking about.


Reid is such a little cub scout helping gather wood for the fire, starting the fire and of course, playing in the fire...


Chase likes his marshmellows even when they are burned black.


Ryan with puffy cheeks! He had his mouth full of s'more!


We liked it, but thought it needed more marshmellow.

Today it is back to work on the pantry. The project is almost complete, but I need James to paint the ceiling line (that I can't reach) and we need to go through and put back the food storage and the cookbooks. Meanwhile the rest of the house is in shambles! Regardless, I'm thankful the world stopped and that we, as a family, we could gather around the television for the messages of Conference.
Tonight Reid gets his parent/child one on one date. He is very excited! He has chosen to go to Panda Express. I cherish these 'dates' so we can talk to each child individually and see what their little minds are thinking/worrying/excited about.

1 comment:

mylittlegems said...

love those banana boats. We made those often when I was growing up- my dad was a huge scouter/dutch oven/outdoor cooker guy :) Glad you had fun on your trip! I love seeing your fun family things :)