Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother'

I haven't blogged for awhile because I've been having fun with family! The above photo was taken one morning last week after family prayer when the boys were being goofy. Lots going on around here: the end of a school year is upon us (only eight more days!) and the start of summer, preparations for Young Men camp for James and Austin and Young Women camp for Molly and I along with end of year band and choir concerts, awards assemblies, class parties and teacher gifts... Ryan received happy mail from his primary helper, Sister Hendrix! Our bishop and primary president have called Ryan a special helper to help him be successful in primary - she sent him this great card telling him how happy she is that she will get to be with him in primary. He saw the card and said "OH - the puppy is so cute!" Sister Hendrix nailed it when she made a puppy card - now she has a friend for life.This past weekend I took an all-day digital photography class in Mesa with the sister of Tressa (Tressa and me above). Tressa used to be in our ward here in Tucson before her family moved to Utah. I went Friday to Mesa and spent the day with my friend Christy. We fif a little shopping in downtown and went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then to the movies. It was fun seeing her and I can't believe I didn't get a photo of the two of us! The photography class was amazing. I learned so much and hope to apply the things I have learned.
Here we are Mother's day morning! James and the little boys made me breakfast in bed. They brought me eggs, toast, strawberries and orange slices. So very sweet!
This photo is extremely dark but wanted to remember that we had a wonderful Mother's day dinner with Susan. James made salmon, shrimp, red potatoes and asparagus with strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was so nice visiting with Susan, as always. I had a fantastic Mother's day!

3 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day. I never had breakfast in bed (yet, maybe I should change the no food upstairs rule?)

I remember Tressa! She taught me a lot of ideas in scrapbooking a few years ago when I was still branching out and getting my supplies together. I am not surprised at all to hear that she is digi scrapping.

Sounds like you and I are continually learning to improve scrapbook and photography skills. Let me know if you learn anything new or supercool!

Cindy Jo said...

What wonderful tutelage, (what a silly word), those boys are growing up with. Did they really arrange the plate like that? How beautiful. Do you go to bed with makeup on? You looked great, I would've looked all frumpy. (Was there a wait just a sec before you take the picture?) Also, I am very jealous of your getting to take a digital photography class. I look forward to you sharing what you've learned.

michelle said...

I am so happy you had a good Mother's Day!

I wish I would have known you were in town. I would have loved to have seen you. We seriously need to set a date, and get together! Maybe we could even take a fun class together? We too, get out of school this week. Jacob graduates from High School on Thursday!!! I just can't believe my baby boy is going to be in college! Sarah graduates from the 8th grade. We have 2 graduations in the heat, on the same day! :) I am looking forward to summer! I love spening more time with the kiddos! Have a wonderful sabbath! Michelle