Thursday, May 29, 2008

cub scout day camp

Reid and Chase attended their second day of cub scout day camp today. It had an Indiana Jones theme - the boys loved it! They really enjoy their walking sticks - for each class they attend they get to add an additional bead to hang off their leather handle. I wish I knew how to save my zoom so this picture would be closer - you'll just have to click on it to actually see us!
Here is a group photo before we left to head up to Camp Lawton on Mt. Lemmon. This is the 'be silly' shot as you can see my boys are the most silly.
On day one the boys made these clay pinch pots, today they got to paint them.
The boys went on an electronic scavenger hunt. Chase had a great time and was a good listener.
Guess who I ran into?
James and Austin are camping at Camp Zion, which is right next door from cub camp, for a week long Aaronic Priesthood camp so he came over to say hello. He's been gone since Monday so it was great to see him today. My friend Cori and I went over to Camp Zion to scout out a location for a zip line and obstacle course for young women camp (well she did the work and I followed!) but I got to see and talk to Austin. It was good to see both James and Austin, we miss them while they are away. I have been battling a cold since the day after the kids got out of school. I think my body shut down at the end of it all but I've been sleeping a lot and taking my cold medicine. Today was the first day that I've felt a little better. It was so nice to be up in the cooler air and among the trees.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, now I'm reeeally homesick!I practically LIVED on Mt Lemmon growing up1 I LOOVE it up there, esp. the church cabin and Showers point...good times!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm glad that you are feeling better! Sounds like you were having fun and I can just imagine how much cooler it must have been!

michelle said...

It looks like such a fun time! I am sure getting up in the mountains felt so good! I hope you continue to feel better! :)

Cindy Jo said...

How wonderful to see ur husband in the middle of scout camp! I too hope ur feeling better.