
On Friday Chase and I got to meet the gal who will be his teacher next year. It helped ease his mind so much to know who his teacher will be. It was a special treat that they let him know who's class he will be in as usually they don't tell the kids until a week before school begins in July. He also got to see where his classroom will be located and we walked the path of where he will go when he gets off the bus and goes to class. His new teacher is so sweet - Chase is sure to have a fantastic year in fourth grade.

We also said goodbye to Mrs. Gonzales, Inclusion Specialist. She will be leaving Chase's school and going to help open a new local elementary school. We are so sad she is leaving: she has done much for Chase during his four years at Mesquite and it will be strange for him not to see her at school, but we know we will see her in the community and wish her well on her new endeavors.

Ryan and I went to ice cream today with Sister Hendrix, his special primary helper. He earned enough stickers by having good behavior in primary to get ice cream. He had a great time.

I wanted to include a photo of Austin's lego robotics robot. He has done a great job with this thing - it amazes me with all he can make it do! Austin is going to volunteer a week of time this summer at a camp featuring lego robotics. His middle school science teacher is in charge of it and Austin is going to go help him teach 5th-8th graders.
3 comments:
Hey there! I saw your comment on the Tonk's blog and was excited to see you had a blog! I love it! Your family is so wonderful! We miss seeing you guys regularly at church. I hope all is well...it looks like it is! Thanks (to your whole family)for being such a great example to our family!
The robot part is so neat! Seth is already interested in things like that but baseball and scout camp is already filling up his time.
He will be working for me during my Summer Activity Days three week camp at my home.
I am glad to hear that Chase and Ryan are continuing to thrive and do well.
Cori, hi, I'm peeking at your blog again getting my Tucson fix! ;) I just wanted to congratulate you on having such great kids. Your family looks busy and accomplished and that's so great! My oldest is starting first grade next year and starting piano and sports camp this summer, so that season of my life is just starting. I hope we do as well as you have! ;)
Post a Comment