The YCL sleepover/work party was at our home last night. We started at 7 p.m. at ended this morning at 9 a.m. The girls got so much accomplished. Camp songs were practiced, banners were made, clothespins painted, get to know you games played, Oriental Trading catalogs looked at for B.O.O.T. camp treats, lots of food and fun. We had 20 girls come, which is a great turnout. These young women are exceptional. They have such great, creative ideas and lots of energy! We had a lot of do and nobody went to bed until about 2:45 a.m. I slept from 3:15 - 7:15 - getting up to cut up some strawberries and watermelon to go with the breakfast. We enjoyed Costco muffins, bagels with cream cheese, fruit, applesauce and juice.
The first year YCL banner is almost complete but they needed to take it home to finish so I didn't get a picture but here are the others:

2nd year banner: There color is lavendar and they are the Specialists. I love their giant dog tag.

3rd years are the Corporals! Our theme is B.O.O.T. camp (building our own testimonies) I love how each name is on a boot!

4th years are the
Sergeants. They are also known as Sara's special silver star sergeants.
Here is the YCL banner. I love how they made army planes and had each of the girls dropping out of the plane with their parachute. We have 31 YCL's this year!

Our four head YCL's leading us in camp songs to begin the night.

We did a little hula hooping in between activities.

Sara with her banner idea!

A group shot...

Painting secret sister clothespins for the stake staff .
The night was so much fun. I so enjoy these young ladies!
4 comments:
Looks like you had your hands full last night! You were missed at our LNO #4, but I'm just glad that you got "some" sleep! Talk to you soon.
Here I was feeling so bad that you missed Ladies Night, but it looks like you had way more fun!
I can't wait for camp.....or to be assigned my secret sister. I already have some things for her!
....shhh, it's a secret ;)
love the banners,
what a fun time!
That looks so fun! Can't wait to enjoy YW stuff with Leah.
I see a lot of camp and YW stuff up with pictures. I love looking at the Valencia ward bulletin board cause you all put up pics and stuff!
Post a Comment