Friday, March 28, 2008

lunch - home visit - soccer - scouts

Yesterday afternoon I had lunch with Susan - I really enjoy our monthly lunches. We went to Gus Balon's and had breakfast for lunch - yum! She gave us this pepper plant, I so hope it can survive our home. We're curious to see what it will look like in a year. We're pretty excited about it.
After school Chase's teacher came by for a home visit. Our school district encourages their teachers to visit each child from their classroom in their home. They looked through a family scrapbook, had a snack together and played a game of Apples to Apples. Reid had Mrs. Brook's last year so this is her second time to our home. We love Mrs. Brooks!
Last night was Ryan's first soccer practice. He plays on a five and six year old team. This is where he was most of practice...wandering off, wanting nothing to do with any of it.
James came up to the practice to bring home Chase and Molly, who were with us, and spent some time holding Ryan, having him watch his team practice.
He wanted so bad to join in. When there was five minutes of practice left he said "I'm ready." I walked him out to the coach and he even nodded to the coach that he was ready, let me walk away and then stood there and started to cry. He so wants to be involved but is still learning the skills to be confident enough to do so. His coach seems wonderful, experienced and realistic about the expectations for this age group, but I'm sure he's wondering what is up with this kid as his daughter is very, very outgoing, but time will tell. We will continue our journey of overcoming shyness. So he didn't participate much in the team practice, but we stayed afterwards and kicked the ball around and made it fun for him. The above picture was taken just before we went home - happy.
Then we went straight to cub scout pack meeting. Chase played the part of the sky (which is why he is holding the blue paper with white clouds) in a skit about Chicken Little.
Reid was presented the Engineer award that he completed with his Webelos den.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cori,

Check your e-mail and download the picture I am trying to add to your comment...and it's not working!

Thanks for your concern and support!