My friend Erin has tagged me to answer the following ten questions so here goes:
1. Who inspires you?
I get inspiration from friends and I have family that are great about passing on to me ideas of cute things they have seen. I am inspired most by the quiet moments in my day.
2. What is your first memory of making something artsy/craftsy?
I remember in third grade we had coloring contests every Friday and the teacher invited me to be the judge because I kept winning every week. HA! I have a sister who is a year older who is and always has been great at coloring and she taught me all I know. :)
3. What do you like to create?
I love the written word - I was a journalism major in college and still find myself editing menus, church bulletins, reader-board signs (ah-if I only took time to edit my blog!) - so I really enjoy different forms of scrapbooking because it allows me to use the written word with photography and paper (other loves). I probably journal more than anyone else I know because I love to tell the story for future generations.
4. What creative process defines you as a person?
The joy I find in scrapbooking my family and our everyday moments.
5. Which of the tools you use are your favorite and why?
My paper cutter and double stick adhesive because they simply my life. Oh - and my camera.
6. What keeps you motivated?
deadlines
7.If you had time, what craft would you learn and why?
I would love to learn about making jewelry! I am very into silver right now, I would love to learn to make some non-traditional pieces.
8. What is your favorite thing to create?
Personalized gifts for friends. I enjoy the process of giving from my heart.
9. Where do you get your inspirations for your projects from?
I have to say I have never taken a scrapbook magazine and copied an idea. Although I so appreciate the beauty of others' work, I just do my own thing. I am very much into 'simple'. What is wrong with simple? There is much beauty there.
10. Describe your perfect day.
I love another friends comment about having a clean house, because that would so be at the top of my list! I am so happy when my house is clean! Other things would be: being with my family, eating good food out, (not cooking), reading, scrapbooking, shopping the independently owned decorating stores, oohhh- and I love a good garage sale although I haven't done that much since I've lived here.
Enough about me. I tag the following people - I'll be checking up on your blogs, I'd love to hear your answers...
Erin, Michelle M., Tressa W., Cindy Jo, Melissa K. and anyone else that wants to play along.
Decorated, But Not Demanding
1 day ago
5 comments:
Cori,
Thanks for fulfilling your assignment. Isn't that fun? I loved reading all about it. I'm going to try to copy and paste it to my site. I'll see if it works, if not, I'll just copy it to put in my blog binder. :) Much happiness!
This was so fun to read! You are so very crafty! I liked your description of your perfect day. It sounds a lot like mine would. I will post my answers on my blog......fun! :) Have a happy Saturday! :)
you will find my answers on my post entitled "10 Things"
Cori
My answers are posted on my blog! :) Thanks - I really wanted to answer these questions.
Post a Comment