I recently enjoyed attending Deseret Book's Time Out for Women in Phoenix. I got this great bag there! Such great speakers and music! I especially enjoyed the talk given by Merrilee Boyack "Wifehood 101: The Five Things You Need to Know". Here is on quiz she gave during her great presentation.
1. Do your children stay in the main family area after 9:30 at night?
2. Do you go out with your husband without the kids at least 3x a month?
3. Have you taken an overnight without your kids at least once a year?
4. Compare the last time you bought your husband a treat to the last time you bought your kids a treat.
5. When it is just you and your husband talking, is more than 50% of your conversation topics about the kids?
Her talk was wonderful - took lots of great notes. It was a fun day with lots of girlfriends and a trip to the craft store Hobby Lobby.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tuesday I spent the day in Gilbert and Mesa. Took in a session at the temple and then spent time with the above fabulous ladies so I could give them a scrapbook I made (one for each of us!) with photos from the trip we took together to San Francisco last April. So fun! Such great ladies! Spending a day with friends is a "time-out" of sorts so I can come back and be a better wife and mom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since the kids are on break this week is filled with appointments-dentist for all five kids, eye dr. for Austin, O.T. and speech for Chase, voice/piano lessons for Molly, baseball for Reid. Today is a birthday party at the local rollerskating rink for Reid and Chase and then off to cub scout pack meeting.
2 comments:
Cori, I am so glad that you got to attend "Time out for Women". It is coming here to Dallas! I was going to go, but our Ward is having our Annual Trunk or Treat that night! Bummer! What a spiritual high! Make sure you watch Women's Conf. My friend Juile Beck was just called as the Gen. RS Pres. She is Awesome! I just love her! I know you will also!
Jann
So Cori, If I did not just have a baby I would have LOVED to go to this! How fun- maybe next year. Your blog is cute!
Post a Comment