Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Young Women Leaders

I've been thinking lately a lot of the different women I have had the privilege to serve alongside within the organization of Young Women. How each one has blessed my life!
Here is a current photo of those I have the blessing to serve with:

Our ward has recently gone through some boundary changes and we have been blessed to have added many young women into our YW family. We currently have 31 Young Women with number 32 joining us in a March! I'm very excited about her turning 12 because I used to be her activity day leader.

With the change in leadership we try to give a token gift to those leaving. In the past we have done tote bags where you can slide photographs into slots on the outside of the bag and we had all the girls and leaders sign the bags. When our Mia Maid advisor was recently released I made this little simple craft for her:

Each of us took a paper and wrote a personalized note on it for her. I love this sort of thing. Love that is in a personal reflection for our love for her.

2 comments:

Claire said...

You are so smart to take pictures of
all the people you serve with!
Years from now you will love looking back at them!!

familywithfivekids said...

That is exactly my thought Claire! We move too much to not have photos of the wonderful women who inspire me.