Dear Mr. Baker,
We do not know each other but I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for recognizing the efforts each year of the volunteers for the Vail School district. I recognize that we are in the age of cutbacks and understand that the funds are tight in many areas of education. Thank you for continuing to hold this volunteer luncheon to recognize the many volunteers who make up this Vail School District ‘family’.
I am a parent of five children who are all students within the Vail School District. Thank you for doing your part for continually providing my children with a quality education. My husband and I currently have a sophomore and senior at Cienega High School, a sixth grader at Desert Sky Middle school and a fifth and first grader at Mesquite Elementary.
Our children love their teachers and administration and the pride of being a part of the Vail School District. As parents, we appreciate that our children are welcomed and safe and provided with many learning opportunities. Our children have participated in multiple Vail school district offerings including marching band, choir, foreign language, physical education, the special needs preschool and special education as well as advanced placement courses. They are each excelling academically and socially because of the wonderful environment here in Vail.
A sincere thank you to you and all of the staff of the Vail School District.
Sincerely,
Cori Gubler
Have you ever just wanted to say thanks to someone? Lately I have been trying to follow that prompting more often with a simple note, small gift or the spoken word. This morning I returned from my workout and felt I wanted to say thanks to the school superintendent for all he does on the behalf of the students, staff and families of our school district. Looking back I wish I would have taken more time and expressed myself better (I literally had less than 30 minutes to get home, shower and dress, pen this note, pick up my neighbor and friend and drive to the fairgrounds) but I can say that when I follow a prompting to express my thanks to another I have an understanding that is is indeed o.k. to speak simply.
I had a wonderful time today at the district volunteer luncheon. It was nice to gather with friends from the schools our children attend but also so fun to see friends that volunteer in the many other awesome schools in the district. I felt honored when Mr. Baker shared a portion of my thanks to him with the crowd today. We are so blessed that our children attend Vail schools.
Favorite Part Of The Day
3 days ago
2 comments:
I knew it was from you. As soon as he finished reading it I turned to Terri Brooks and told her I was certain that it came from you. She said, Yes that does sound like her doesn't it. Such a great example to us all. It was so good to see you yesterday. It is too few and far between when I do get to see you.
PS - you looked amazing. I LOVED the boots!
The superintendent was honored to receive your thanks. :-)
Seriously, notes like yours are highly motivating. Thank you for being supportive and taking the time to express it in writing.
Post a Comment