Friday, January 8, 2010

James' mother, Edna, passed away during the early morning hours on Wednesday. We spent the day talking with the kids about her death (and about the blessings of the plan of salvation), packing our van, calling the schools to tell them the kids would not be in attendance on Thursday or Friday, rescheduling appointments...all while in kind of a walking trance of action. It is hard to believe someone you love so very much has passed from this life.
Thursday we loaded into the van bright and early and arrived in La Verkin to a lovely dinner brought in by the local ward Relief Society!
This morning we went with Molly to the church so she could practice a song (O My Father) she will sing at the funeral tomorrow. Our niece, Lindsey, will play the piano. All of the grandchildren will sing I Am A Child of God together...
Tonight was the viewing. Austin, Molly and Reid all wanted to go and say good-bye to their grandmother with me. Chase and Ryan decided to stay at Grandma's house. While in line at the viewing there were many with such wonderful things to say about Edna (and also about James. Many mentioned how much Reid looked just like his dad!). She truly was (and is!) an extraordinary woman!
Tomorrow is the funeral. James, as well as his sisters, are scheduled to speak. My prayers are with them as they prepare their words on this remarkable woman and her life.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

Cori-I am thinking of you and your sweet family. I send my love and prayers.
When a loved one dies, I try to focus on the reunion that they are undoubtedly having in heaven and it helps me smile through the grief.
I hope you will be able to find comfort and peace as you go through this difficult time.
xoxo
Jo-Anne

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. She sounds like she is a wonderful woman.