Saturday another viewing was held (9 - 10:30 a.m.) prior to the family prayer (10:30 a.m.) and the funeral services at 11 a.m. Our niece Clarissa took a family photograph for us.
The funeral was an absolutely amazing, tear-filled experience. Patty, Claire and James all gave wonderful talks as their own personal tributes to their mother. Lindsey's piano performance was filled with the Spirit and Molly's performance of " My Father was also wonderful.
The family at the gravesite:
Arriving at the cemetery:
Me and some of my sweet nephews, as well as a couple of my own boys:
The casket bearers:
Terry S, Bryan B., Jason M., Drew F., Austin G., Tyler B.
James with his sisters, Claire and Patty:
Our family:
It was a real treat to sit and visit with these fine folks following the luncheon. Nielson cousins:
We stopped and visited the grave site before we left town Sunday morning. I know Edna loved the flowers.
Ovando and Edna, together again.
Reid turned 12 on Friday and was a great sport that his birthday was not really celebrated (we'll have a party later this week) so we bought him this little cake from the local grocery store. Patty's family came over so we could all sing to him and have him open his birthday cards. He will receive the priesthood on a future Sunday. We love you Reid and are proud of the young man you have become. Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
I have been so busy that I haven't been in blogger world for several days. I am just catching up. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!
What a wonderful tribute. I could not believe my own eyes when I saw the beautiful way in which the service was conducted. Of course I had to cry several times with those of you who made the speeches and prayers and want you to know I am not strong enough to have done what you each did. In my own mind I know that my Aunt Edna was pleased with each of you and with all of us who came to pay respect for all she did for us.
I am very thankful to you for helping me get to this point and allowing me to respond to your post. I will be looking over your shoulder in the future and hope to respond to things you do. If you and James had been able to stay one more day I am sure you would have learned many new things about our family from the experience we had in Pine Valley. I am hoping you can publish Bunny's letter for others to read. It really describes the experience we all enjoyed.
Butch
This is Great!
James told me to check out your Blog but I was not home at the time..
Please burn me a photo disk!!!!
Post a Comment