Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Washington!

I had a wonderful time in Washington!
I spent time with my amazing friends (from left) Kelly, Maria and Ann. Each time I'm around these three makes me miss them more and more:

We spent the day shopping at Gilman Village, enjoyed a yummy lunch and great conversation at Starbucks. Even the Washington state rain did not dampen our spirits (or our mood to shop)!



Kelly gave me this beautiful scarf for my birthday - I love it! (so love this lady!)


My parents do a great job decorating the outside of their home and yard for each holiday. I loved what they did for Halloween!

I got to enjoy lunch with my sweet friend Janie! Janie was a young womens president when I was newly married and I was called as a Beehive advisor and later second counselor in the YW under her. She taught me so much and is a great example to me.

I got to have dinner with this sweet young lady. It was so great to see her again!

My mom and I drove down the driveway of my parents old house. Lots of memories there.

My mom and I went to lunch at Ivar's fish and chips. How I wish we had a Ivar's in Arizona.

On my mom's birthday my mom, sister and I went to the Fifth Avenue Theater and saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. A wonderful show!
Here we are being silly:



We stopped at Starbucks for a hot apple cider following the show!


And then we went to Claim Jumpers for dinner.

My mom with her birthday cupcake! We also ordered the Claim Jumper chocolate cake and ate it later that night - yummy! It was a great day. We helped my mom pick out some new flooring, saw a great Broadway show, did a little window shopping in downtown Seattle, ate terrific food, saw the movie Julie and Julia...
The next day I left early for the airport but my mom made me homemade donut holes - one of my favorite fall treats.

My brother stopped by to chat before I went to the airport. It was great to visit with him. It was nice to get a quick picture of my sister, brother and me:

1 comment:

TrishAnderson said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I just saw that theater when I was in Seattle in Aug. That is a beautiful city. You have such amazing friends. And I am sure that you are just as much of an example to many of us as your friend Janie is to you!