So we drove to what I thought was dinner but when we got on the freeway I was getting a little suspicious. Soon enough we got to auto row and I contained my excitement until we pulled in and met with Tom, 'our' salesman. (I say 'our' salesman because he's sold us three of our four cars now - I can't say I'd buy a car from anyone else)
James and Tom took me to the parking lot and there sat this:
My belated birthday gift - A 2001 blue Mustang convertible GT, white top, white leather seats with a V8 engine! It has 62,000 miles - pretty good for a '01. All bought and paid for the Saturday prior. (James was busy while I was off playing in Phoenix at Time-Out for Women!) I love it! Almost made me want to cancel my trip to Washington. Right now Arizona has the best weather for a convertible.
Afterwards we went for dinner at Olive Garden and I was so excited I kept telling the wait staff "He just bought me a car!" I'm sure I sounded like a fool. Regardless, I am thankful and appreciative and excited.
Some things I've learned this past week while driving my new car: Groceries for a family of seven don't fit as well in the trunk of Mustang as they do in a mini-van. Another Mustang driver actually waved to me today - will this continue? Is there some 'mustang club' I don't know about? lol... My hair dries really fast with the top down on my way home from my early morning swimming class. My high schoolers really want to drive my car (I have not let them yet), my middle schooler got excited when I picked him up from drama saying "I was hoping you would drive this car!" I'm loving having a 6 cd player - it's all loaded up and I'm enjoying having easy access to my favorite cd's (right now that includes two Micheal Buble cd's, Wicked soundtrack, Randy Travis, The Forgotten Carols by Micheal McLean and a EFY cd).
Thanks James!!!
5 comments:
Holy Cannoli!
When we bought our first "new" car it happened to be the weekend of my birthday and Mother's Day, but let me tell you...it was no Mustang!
I think we need to set up James as a teacher for husband classes...date night because he hasn't seen you much lately?
I'm green over here!
That's a pretty good lookin' car with a pretty good lookin' gal at the wheel. :-)
Wow!!! How stinkin' awesome is that!?!?! What a great husband you have!
I hadn't read your post, but had seen the title. Then on Saturday I was driving through Rita Ranch and saw you pul out of your subdivision looking all cool in your new car. I immediately knew what the post was about. That is one cool hubby you have there. You are so blessed!!!!!!
WHOA! So rad! Beautiful car for a beautiful lady! How fun!
Post a Comment