It was a fabulous day of speakers and lots of musical numbers. We got to see performances from Cherie Call, Hilary Weeks, Abe Mills and Jenny Jordan Frogley. It was a very uplifting day!
It was especially memorable because Molly and I were both called up on stage during a talk from Laurel Christensen, a wonderful speaker. She talked about how each of us is special and how each and every one of us deserve to be treated like the daughter of God we are. She then asked the audience to show Molly how special she is by giving her a standing ovation on the count of three. The audience was f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s! Molly threw her hands up to her face, the tears flowing freely. I remember embracing her and just telling her how loved she is and how beautiful is she. The audience was so sweet - chanting her name and continuing their applause.
Laurel then stated to the audience that there would not be a Molly without Molly's mom and asked the audience to give me a standing ovation just as if I was their mother. It was amazing. Looking back I find it interesting how difficult it was for me to stand there in front of all those people and accept the applause. Although yes, I knew it was an activity and that these people did not really know me, but wow - it was hard to stand and look and people and accept such unconditional love.
How I wish I could remember the exact words from Laurel's talk because it was absolutely inspiring and beautiful, yet when one is standing in front of hundreds of people you are very nervous! Molly was so, so sweet during the experience. I hope she knows how very loved she is and that she makes such a beautiful difference in our family.
I am thankful for Kimberly for taking these pictures!
3 comments:
My sister posted about that talk, she was in attendance as well. When she said that the mother was someone from the first photography class they had I instantly wondered if it was you. :)
What a special experience. :) I'm so glad you got to go. Those are the best memories ever being able to go with friends and family. :)
Definitely an experience that I will never, ever forget! Molly is such a beautiful girl and both of you deserved your standing ovations. Beautiful experience, for sure!
O.k I really wanted to go to this but I did not want to go by myself...so maybe next time when you go I can tag along...:) looks fun. Hilary Week's daughter was in my school choir when I taught school and was the choir director- and she was very complimentary about the job I did leading the choir. She is a very nice lady!
Post a Comment