(picture taken in Gilbert on St. Patrick's day)
James is at work today, Austin and Molly are working on papers (sometimes I wonder if AP and Honors classes are worth it?) so what was scheduled as a family day is now just me going to Gilbert for a Eagle court of honor and later a musical performance. Can I admit I'm happy that I'm going alone? Is that bad? It will be four hours in the car alone (two hours there, two back), time to think, listen to my new Michael McLean cd's, ponder things I've been thinking about lately: Young Women activities coming up for 2009 and Christmas among others. So today I will not have to entertain children, eat at a fast food restaurant, take someone to the bathroom, pack snacks, tell anyone to not wrestle or be quiet. Instead I get to enjoy good friends, the outstanding accomplishments of two young men our family genuinely enjoys and hopefully maybe get some Christmas shopping done in between.
1 comment:
A quiet trip like that sounds like heaven! And a little shopping without kids on the side? What a treat for you!
Post a Comment