Here are some of things I've been working on for Young Women camp. We have 31 Youth Camp Leaders and I have been having fun making camp goodies for them. I'm sure they have been having fun making goodies for the campers that are in their groups.
I made bags of pom poms for 'warm fuzzies'. This promotes kindness. The attached poem reads:
"Put these warm fuzzies in your pocket, so they are easy to give away.
When you see someone who needs a friend, a warm fuzzy will brighten their day!
Sharing makes us feel so good and warm inside, making others happy brings joy into our lives.

These are just small party picks shaped like a wand with a note attached that says, "Thanks for your 'wand'erful service this week. You are amazing!"

Our theme is B.O.O.T. (Building Our Own Testimonies) Camp so of course we are doing a lot with an army theme... Here's some army soldiers with a note that says, "We Want You! B.O.O.T. Camp 2008!" I will be using them with the devotional I'm presenting the first evening of camp to the YCL's.

My sweet friend Jo-Anne painted these stars for me. She painted almost 40 of them for me, did a fabulous job and I am so thankful. I followed her advice to hot glue a plug-in cover on the back so they can be plugged into a socket and look cute on a wall. I love them - I need to save one for myself!

Another camp leader is making table squares for the dining hall out of lime green and hot pink camo fabric. The green on these centerpieces actually matches that fabric so I think when they are all put together it will be o.k. Because a boot camp theme has lots of green and brown we are bringing in lots of pink as an accent color - and well, because we are girls!

All of the 31 YCL's are assigned to work with a particular age group of girls. My good friend Joanne cut out this fabric for me for small banners. She also sewed a small pocket that we can use to put cording through for hanging. Orange=first years, Purple=second years, green=third years, silver=fourth years, yellow=stake staff. The YCL's will personalize their own banner and we will use them for decoration in the ramada. I plan on bringing puff paint, pom poms, 3-D flowers, sequins and jewels, yarn, foam shapes and letters, yarn, paint, decorative buttons...I think they will have fun having showing their personalities on their banner.

I've found some fun things at the 99 cent store. They had both the shoelaces and the hats there. I am going to give out the shoelaces to be used as a camp necklace that we can put fun camp trinkets on that we get and the hats we will decorate with pink puffy paint and pink ribbon (and make so ugly they will be fun!)

So - it's all a process...Still lots more to do! As you can tell I am not at jury duty today. I was postponed so I had to call and be released. The gentlemen I spoke with was very kind. Someday I will be able to fulfill that assignment, but right now my most important assignment is to be a mother.
4 comments:
How fun!!!! I'm totally sad that I'm not a YCL! I think your girls will love it!
Super cute! I want to be a YW again so I can come! Have a great time!
Great ideas! You are so talented!
Such fun ideas! Only 5 days and counting.....
It's gonna be great!
Post a Comment