The holidays are coming and here is a quote that I hope to keep in mind throughout the next couple of months. I shared it at a enrichment meeting a few months back where I spoke on the topic of compassionate service and it has become a favorite quote for me in regards to many areas of my life. It is from Sister Chieko Okazaki. She teases that it is a favorite Japanese proverb from the ancient book of Okazaki, chapter one, verse one.
"Lighten up! If you're doing the best you can, that's good enough. If you make a mistake, give yourself credit for trying... If you do only half of what you wanted to do, or do it only half as well as you would have liked, pat yourself on half your back. But lighten up!"
Decorated, But Not Demanding
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment