Molly is a sophomore this year. She was selected to be in Link Crew this year. Their first job is to make sure that all incoming freshman are comfortable and where they need to be. Link Crew members have each been assigned an advisory based classroom that they will visit throughout the year and lead the freshmen in activities and games. Molly will also begin French this year and is most excited about show choir and concert choir.
Austin is a senior this year. This is the last first day of school for him (well, I suppose until college!) Austin is doing marching band this year as well as lots of AP courses and Spanish 3. He has also signed up to be a peer helper for a special needs student rather than come home early.
So - today is the first day for me to have all five kids at school all-day. I had the dishes done, the laundry going, emails answered, and the downstairs picked up all before 8:30 this morning. Later today I'm having lunch with a friend but for now I suppose I can either finish the book I'm reading or clean the upstairs...I'm thinking the book sounds pretty good.
8 comments:
planed to take tyler's picture this morning but time got away and I forgot, guess I'll get him when he get home. I think he was glad I didn't get one.
I just wanted to write a little note to say that Molly has grown into such a pretty young lady! Not that she wasn't beautiful before, because she was, but I just can't believe how grown up she looks now! Wow! What is more, is I can tell from just looking at her picture that she is just as pretty inside as she is on the outside by the way she glows. I am sure you are so proud of her! :)
Congrats on having the house to yourself for a little while. My vote would be the book as well.
What a milestone for your family to have all kids in school all day. This will be a big year for you Gublers.
I like this link crew idea. I know it can be hard on Freshman.
Go for the book---the book! :) Congrats on making it to all 5 kids in school!
whoo hoo- doesn't it feel great to have the kids at school all day? I like the idea of the Link Crew. Seth starts high school next year, and that freaks me out. Makes me feel better knowing there is a system to help out the newbies.
I read this probably the first day that it was posted and didn't realize that I had not posted anything!
The First day is always both exciting and scary!! Ü
Molly, Have you lost weight???
You look very thin!
I always thought I would get a lot done while everyone was at school
but that is not the case.. Something always comes up!!!
Post a Comment