We very much enjoyed the testimonies of our Savior that were shared during fast and testimony meeting.
I taught the lesson in Young Women on the new YW Value, Virtue. I think it went well. We did an overview of the new requirements, reading scriptures and sharing quotes from the recent YW Broadcast. I also gave each of them a bookmark, a gold wedding ring (from the craft store) and a paper gold star. I shared with them that in our master bedroom we have vinyl lettering on our wall that states "You are what happened when I wished upon a star". I had that put up for James years ago and it still touches me...not only the expression but the fact that we were both worthy to be married in the temple. I expressed with the girls that it is my hope that each of them will be virtuous enough to also be married in the temple to a young man who is currently wishing upon a star for that virtuous young woman he will someday meet.
We came home from church and enjoyed our Easter dinner of turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus, peas, rolls, green salad and strawberries with angel food cake along with this bunny cake the kids enjoyed making. My mom helped me make one like it when I was in elementary school and I wanted to share it with my kids. The one my mom and I did had coconut (I love coconut) but since our boys do not eat coconut we did without. I love that the boys all helped make this bunny come to life!
After dinner we enjoyed a simple but wonderful family home evening together. We read from the scriptures the true meaning of Easter and sang "I am a Child of God".
8 comments:
Your YW's lesson sounds amazing. Those girls are sure lucky to have you. It looks like you had a great Easter. I love the cute bunny cake! :)
About the diet. :) I have taken out sugar, and most starches. I added protiens. I am not to sure how long I will last without chcolate! :)
I love how you talked with your kids about that quote, and the meaning of remaining virtuous and making good choices.
And great dinner presentation!
I LOVE your bunny cake--it looks much cuter than mine (but I guess I shouldn't compare! I need to try that next year!
I LOVE book mark you made for the girls and I love that quote. Thanks for sharing.
I love your posts. I feel so uplifted each time I read them. I can only assume coming from you that the lesson was outstanding. Thank you for being so amazing and a wonderful example of a wife, mother, member of the church.
The cake is a Great idea! I think we would HAVE to do the coconut! Ü
We just colored eggs...
I like the cake it is very cool.
It sounds like the Gublers had a great Easter and I'm glad. I particularly love the cake! How cute!
that is my favorite bunny cake :) I make it every year. I bought all the stuff to make it this year and never did...oh well :)
Post a Comment