
Tonight Chase had his 'friend' party- five friends came to our home for a couple hours to help him celebrate turning nine years old! He didn't want a theme for his party, but did want green and blue as the colors of the decorations and he wanted a simple white cake with white frosting and chocolate ice cream. Easy enough!

We played a game that I grew up with called "How well do you know _______" (fill in the birthday persons name) It was fun to see how well his friends knew his favorite things and if they didn't know the answer they got to know a little more about him. Chase loved reading his answers to everyone as they each corrected their own paper and Reid even asked if we could play it when it is his birthday!

Each of the boys ran the length of the house with a balloon between their knees and then had to come back to the chair and sit on the balloon to try to pop it! Chase is covering his ears because the balloons were l-o-u-d when they popped!

Happy Birthday to you! Cake (above) was served with chocolate and/or vanilla ice cream but we started the party (photo below) with pepperoni and cheese pizza's!

It is hard to believe that this blog was started one year ago. The first entry covered Chase's eighth birthday party at the bowling alley and then his baptism. wow... now we are celebrating his ninth birthday! Time flies. Although the internet can be a scary place I am thankful our family has this documentation of the last year.
6 comments:
It looks like the party was a fun one! The birthday cake is darling! Did you make it? I am so glad that you did start your blog. It has been so fun re-connecting again. We still need to get together, and shop, and talk! :)
What a fun party. Not too fancy---just right!---the kind I'm sure he'll remember forever :)!
Just wanted to pop over and say thank you, thank you for your sweet comment. So appreciated--I can't even tell you!
What a fun party! You are a GREAT mom!
Love the mickey shirt! I am a huge fan of the original Disney characters.
And the cake is adorable with the polka dots!
Where did all the time go with our kids?!
Happy Birthday Chase!
hi Michelle,
Yes, we made the cake. I found the big polka dots at a store in San Francisco and just had to buy them. Now however I've also seen them at craft stores! Nothing fancy but just right for Chase. :)
Happy Birthday Chase! I know it's late...but I wish you the best and a wonderful new year!
Post a Comment