President Gordon B. Hinckley died last night, Sunday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. at his home with his family by his side, due to causes incident to his age. He was 97 years old. I am grieving this news, yet find comfort in the plan of salvation and the fact that I know he is rejoicing once again with his precious wife. President Hinckley is the prophet who has lead this church through so much. He has built temples throughout the world, a magnificent new conference center, made numerous media appearances spreading the truth of the gospel, began the perpetual education fund. He is our childrens prophet. They know his face more so than President George W. Bush. More importantly, they have a grasp of his teachings and council. He will be greatly missed by our family as well as many worldwide.
3 comments:
This is a wonnnderful tribute to President Hinkley. He was loved my many, and will be missed by many.
I was broken hearted when I heard the news. I will miss him dearly, but know he is so happy to be back with his wife.
Cori -
I love your tribute to President Hinckley. It's still hard to think of him as gone. He was a big presence and will be missed tremendously. It's at times such as these that I really know that the Church is true...that there is a plan for each of us. I am so grateful to know that we have prophets. That Heavenly Father loved us so much that he gave us Prophets to guide us, to teach us, and to inspire us. We are truly blessed for the knowledge we have.
Post a Comment