Saturday, December 22, 2007

Molly and Korby and gifts






Molly went to her last voice/piano lesson on Monday but we found out her instructor, Korby Myrick, has scheduled a recital for January and we want Molly to participate in that, although I know Molly would be fine not too! She will perform one piano piece and one vocal selection. She is considering singing When She Loved Me from Toy Story 2. Such a beautiful song...Her teacher has proven to be exceptional. She has taught Molly so much and it is sad to leave but it just is too busy schedule-wise. Musical theatre will be beginning at her middle school when school resumes in January and that involves four days a week, add young women and homework and it is just too much. Plus Chase is beginning soccer in January and that will take a lot of my attention. I'm nervous about him playing in an organized league, but we are going to give it a shot. I'm hoping for an understanding coach who has some knowledge of autism but recognize that dream is a long shot and understand I will need to be right there all the time - possibly even assistant coach I suppose.

These other photos are of some of the gifts we gave this Christmas. The cute felt buckets (I love them!) we filled with goodies -ornaments, hot chocolate packets, candies, a family photo- we gave to all the bus drivers of Chase and Ryan. Chase has one to school and one home. Ryan has two on the way to school and one home so that is five gifts. I think these were perfect. The cute thing was they were all so intrigued with the family photo. I suppose it is a little unusual having five kids - in our LDS world no, but to others it really is - they had all sorts of questions about all the kids: very cute! Chase has a teacher that loves tootsie rolls so of course we gave her a big container with her gift of flowers. Chase loved bringing that in to her! I wish the photo I took of the flowers showed off more of the green vase. It was perfect for Christmas and very fun.

No comments: